Kids Crafts can be done any many different ways. Try and incorporate crafts you would not normally think of for kids.
It's so rewarding to make a ceramic piece from scratch. There's just something spectacular about watching it go from raw clay to a beautiful, finished product. It makes it hard to stop at one piece.
Getting the whole family in on the creation of ceramic groupings is a great way to bond while making something together. If each person does one or two pieces, you can end up with a nice collection or scene. Or some members can do the shaping and firing, and the others can do the painting.
Here are some ceramic projects that the whole family can participate in and enjoy and that therefore make excellent Kids Crafts:
* Nativity scenes - One of the most popular kinds of ceramic groupings for Christmas, a nativity scene is a great family project. Once the actual pieces are done, you could build a wooden barn together and add hay for added authenticity.
* Halloween groupings - There are all sorts of possibilities for Halloween. You could do a group of trick or treaters with different costumes, some whimsical ghosts, bats or spiders, or jack-o-lantern candleholders with different faces.
* Pottery - Kids are often intrigued by pottery wheels, so why not let them try their hand at using one? They may need a little help, but they can make simple pieces fairly easily. Creating a pottery grouping with coordinating pieces could be a great family project.
* Wall hangings - Groups of ceramic wall hangings make lovely decorations. Each family member could create one with a favorite quote or a hand-carved design on it. How about having each person carve a picture of his or her favorite animal or flower?
* Coasters and trivets - Coasters and trivets are quite simple to make, and they're really useful. Making a set as a family is a great project if you have young children. Handmade coasters and trivets also make nice gifts, so make several sets for the holidays.
* Refrigerator magnets - This is another easy project, because it provides a great deal of freedom. As long as the ceramic piece isn't so heavy as to weigh the magnet down, it doesn't have to be perfectly flat and doesn't matter what shape it is. Take pictures while the family is making them, and when the magnets are done, hang the pictures up with them to remind everyone how much fun it was.
Ceramic groupings and sets are fun to make, and they're even more fun when you get the whole family involved. Even young children can create simple ceramic pieces. Whether you're making them to give as gifts or keep around the house, a ceramic set made by your entire family will always be a source of fond memories.
Creative Playdough Ideas For Kids
It's no secret that kids love to create! Creative Playdough Ideas For Kids provides fun ideas and cool creations for kids to make with playdough, as well as for the grown ups in their lives to do with them. Playdough is fun to squish, squash and create with!
Creative Playdough Ideas For Kids is a 32 page e-book that is downloadable in PDF format. This e-book offers a variety of playdough creations and ideas for children, parents and all others that teach, work, play and care for children.
* Creative Playdough Ideas For Kids provides simple, step by step instructions for a variety of creations with full color photos throughout.
*This e-book provides 2 homemade playdough recipes that can be made and ready to use in less than 15 minutes. (Fast, easy and inexpensive!)
*Playdough is educational-the creations in this e-book can be used to teach various themes (for example, bugs and insects or flowers).
*Playdough is a great sensory, manipulative medium for children and is super for developing hand-muscle coordination and dexterity.
*Making these playdough creations makes a great kids Birthday party or children's event activity.
*The ideas in this e-book are not just for playdough, but any modeling dough or medium. The main tools used are your hands and some common household items.
* Playdough creations in the book include: cat, turtle, lion, snail, pig, snowman, snake, two rose methods, daisy, daffodil, ladybug, faces, cup and saucer, a heart of flowers, fruit and butterfly.