This is one of our really fun kid's summer crafts. It can also be used as a spring craft and then you can plant some plant in it that needs to be planted in spring. Doing kids summer crafts is a way to get outdoors with the kids and have fun in the sun.
What you need for this crafts:
- Terra-Cotta flower pots
- Acrylic paint
- Thick white crafts glue
- Paint markers
- Clear fat glass marbles (you should get these at a crafts shop)
- Potting soil
- A suitable seedling for the pot
- Watering can with water
How to do this craft:
In this craft we are going to decorate our flower pots with different slithery snakes and some bugs.
- Let's start with a snake to coil around the pot
- Take the marbles and draw eyes with paint on the flat side of the marbles. If you do not want to do this you can of course get colored marbles and use as is.
- Let the easy dry.
- With your pencil draw a snake's head and the snake's body curling around your pot and ending at the bottom.
- Using your paint, color in your snake. Leave spaces spread over the body of your snake so you can use another color and paint spots and stripes for your snake.
- Let the one color dry and then do the spots.
- Use the paint markers to draw the outlines of your snake.
- Now ask an adult to paint your thumbs with paint.
- Press your thumb on any of the empty spaces between your curling snake to make the bodies of ladybirds.
- Draw the detail of the ladybird's spots etc. with your paint marker.
- Stick the snake's eyes on with the clue and let it dry.
- Fill your pot with potting soil and plant your seedling.
- Water your plant.
For more fun kids crafts visit: